Monday, June 14, 2010

Exploring Welly pt 1

Since I've pretty much settled into my new flat and I had my days off yesterday and today, I decided to do some exploring.

Sunday
I decided to explore the other side of the hill! I'm living in Newtown area, and the other side is Kilbernie. There's 2 supermarkets (Woolies, & Pak & Save), and an asian supermarket, and several rows of shops and banks. The night lights in that area is also quite nice, especially from the hills as it overlooks the airport...I also found out where the national zoo is and a hockey stadium, which are in Newtown area.

*In Kilbernie. multistory flat reminds me of English homes haha...
the hill at the back is the hill that sits between Kilbernie and Newtown*



Monday
The weather was so much better that the past few days! Bright, clear sunny day! Still cold though...so I drove all the way out to Moa Point and to Miramar, which is the southern part of Welly, past the airport. They're both in different directions though.

* one of the viewing points*



*one of the many tiny bays at Moa point. The Lady was playing fetch with her dog*


Later in the evening, I tried taking the bus to town, but ended up walking a good 15mins into town. And met with CC for the 1st time in a year! We had hot chocolate in Scopa Caffe Cucina and it was amazing...it wasn't those powdered hot choco mixed with warmed milk or melted chocolate in milk either. It was like chocolate pudding...it was really silky smooth and dreamy...not the kinda you'd get sick off after a whole mug! Will definitely go back there for seconds, thirds and more!!

Todays weather is kinda unpredictable, one minute dark and gloomy, bright and sunny the next. Today's study and work day, so being a good girl so I can enjoy my days off which is just starting tomorrow night!! haha..

*The view outside my window today*

No comments:

Post a Comment