Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Devanport

Alright, on arrival to Auck domestic airport, I had to wait 4 hours for my aunt to arrive via SQ...while wait, I decided to have sushi for dinner. A box of 6 piece sushi box cost $13!!! Forget it..So i opted for McD instead.. I never realised that Auck internation airport had a viewing lounge..so i went to have a look and killed my time there. Wasn't much of a view...could only see one small section of the airport...lousy..so I called home and had a long talk with mom.

Finally my aunt arrived, and we took the taxi to the motel, the whole ride cost us $60 for a short 10min ride...cut throat! Eventually we reached the motel at 1130pm and was greeted by my cousins. Her kids were having their "afternoon" nap and was woken up while we were having our supper.

Next day we started out late cause the kids slept in. We arrived town at 12 and caught the ferry to Devonport. Was the twin's 1st time on the ferry, so they quite enjoyed it. Weather was kind of uncertain. Drizzling here and there as it pleased. But that didn't deter us from roaming the streets. We met up wit C's school friends and they brought us up mt Vic and brown's Bay for a late lunch, followed by a quick stop at their home. They sent us to our car and we went back to the motel.

Amazing view of the city centre

lunch at one of Brown's Bay Cafe

Breakfast the next day was super! We had persimmons, hard boied eggs, toasts, bacon, portabellow mushrooms, avacado, cheese and warm milk....after that we had to check out and we went on our separate ways. They headed off to Corommandel while I went to meet with MD for lunch and then made my way back to Welly...

That's my real quick vacation

with my crazy nieces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment